Thursday, January 18, 2018

Who are you as a writer?

Writing has not been a simple task for me throughout my life. When writing essays I always struggled to expand my thoughts about a topic. I am able to connect my sources to my essay but never really been able to go in depth in explaining the source and being specific about how it relates to the essay I am writing. This not only has been a problem for me in writing but also when communicating with others. I have the ideas in my brain but do not know how to get the right words out in order for someone to completely understand my thoughts. I have been trying my best to explain myself more in essays , but it has not been easy. Recently in College Writing 1, I have begun to get the hang of further explaining and adding my own meaning to what my source is saying and really trying to show ways as in how the source fits perfectly in showing my thesis.

Not only do I struggle to explain further in essays, but also free writing such as this is not easy for me. I have to always pause to think about what i am going to write or else i would end up repeating myself or just sitting and writing a bunch of nonsense. I feel that my mind just randomly blanks out when im trying to free write. I know i should just be writing what is on my mind but usually when im writing, all i think about is really how much this stinks and i would rather be laying in bed watching Netflix. I am also a bit of a perfectionist so the idea of ignoring all the grammar or punctuation errors really bothers me during free writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment